Things everyone should bring!
- Notebook and pencil for sketching - graph paper is great, but whatever you're most comfortable with.
- Headphones, for quiet and to keep your cool sound effects from disturbing your neighbors!
- Water and snacks - it's a long day!
First-time game makers are encouraged to make a board, card, or other analog game.
- Blank printer paper and cardstock.
- Blank note cards.
- Random art supplies: pencils, pens, markers, stickers, etc.
- Two decks of cards with different colored backs (red and blue Hoyle cards are perfect).
- Poker chips or some kind of token.
- A few dice (normal 6-sided are fine, no need for crazy 40-sided D&D dice!).
- Any other scavanged game pieces you can find.
Aside from the below, video game makers might consider building frameworks, assembling assets, etc before the jam.
- Laptop computer (don't forget your power cord!)
- Controllers you might want to use.
- Bookmarked documentation for your environment of choice.